About the Amazon Home Services Happiness Guarantee
We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase a service on the Amazon.com website; that's why we guarantee service quality when you purchase services from an Amazon Home Services pro on Amazon.com. If the service was not completed according to the final scope agreed through Amazon’s systems, or if your product or property was damaged as a direct result of the service, we’ll work with you and the pro to correct the problem or we’ll give you your money back.
If your Amazon Home Services purchase was of poor quality, please contact us to begin the process of filing a Happiness Guarantee claim. After collecting basic contact information and the required documentation of the problem, our support team will work quickly to resolve your case.
If your purchase is covered by the Happiness Guarantee, Amazon Home Services will make it right in one of these three ways
- Work with you and the pro to correct the service.
- Refund your money for the purchase, or cover related property damages up to $2,500.
- Help you to file a claim against the provider’s insurance.
Happiness Guarantee Conditions
You can file a claim when all of the following applies:
- You’re unsatisfied with the service performed.
- You have purchased the service in its entirety directly through the Amazon.com website or app.
- The scope of work was limited to the description of the service listed on Amazon.com, or was changed through Amazon’s systems.
- Your service appointment was completed within the last 90 days (except for any kind of lawn or cleaning service, which has a 7-day limitation). For recurring services, we treat each appointment as a separate occurrence.
After you file a claim with the necessary information, a team will investigate and work with you and the pro to quickly resolve the issue. Please keep in mind that any documentation provided during the investigation may be shared with all parties involved in the claim.
Happiness Guarantee Claim Restrictions and Limitations
The following situations are not covered by the Amazon Home Services Happiness Guarantee:
- The service was never performed.
- Any portion of the service transaction was performed outside of Amazon.com, such as up-sells or trip charges.
- Dissatisfaction with pricing or scheduling limitations.
- Claims not documented in their entirety.
- Service was completed more than 90 days (except for any kind of lawn or cleaning service, which has a 7-day limitation) before date of filing
- Claims caused by prior service or provider not already covered by the Happiness Guarantee.
- Unforeseeable or latent defects in the premises.
- A product claim unrelated to the service. For product-only quality or delivery problems, please go to the A-to-z Guarantee.
- An Amazon Key delivery claim. For claims related to an in-home delivery, please visit the Amazon Key Happiness Guarantee.
These situations may limit your coverage under the Amazon Home Services Guarantee:
- Claims with incomplete documentation.
- Claims resulting from improper use of a product (as defined by the manufacturer).
- Claims involving work that exceeds the final scope of work agreed through Amazon’s systems.
- Claims involving products or services, or uses of either, that are prohibited by law.
- Services completed without the customer present.